Thursday, October 6, 2011

Four and a half very important things!

Today I have four and a half very important things to share with you, very important indeed. Well, one news piece, 3 very importants and a half of silliness.

I’m going to start with the ‘half’.

Yeh, I’ve been a slack bitch! It’s been days since I posted. Got absolutely distracted by Big Gay Weekend. In fact it was so big and so gay that I’m sure I lost more than a weekend. It felt like a mini-holiday with vodka and lots of naked torso’s. But what else would you expect on a Big Gay Weekend other than vodka and bare torso’s. So the BGW post will be tomorrow. Actually, let me rephrase that, the censored, PG, ‘don’t want to make the straights jealous’ version of the BGW post will be tomorrow. As a teaser I offer you this…
The Sculptor
I have news! Big news! (and another reason for being so distracted lately!) After a very stressful few weeks we sold our house yesterday. So relieved, so glad it’s over. Things went from bad to worse while we were selling so it started to get a bit ugly for us. But we have the world’s best real estate agent – Will Phillips at Bresic Whitney – so in the end we avoided going to auction and got a price that we are both more than happy with. The sale brings to an end one of the most important chapters of my life. So I’m filled with relief but also very sad at the same time. Much sadder than I expected I would be.

Now, the three very important things I need to share with you.

The first is the too-brilliant-for-words ‘I Do’ video in support of Gay Marriage. Huge congratulations to everyone involved. Get on board and share it as much as you can.

Here is the link to the ‘’I Do’ website where it is so easy for you to share. There is also the link to sign the petition or contact your MP.

Secondly, one of my all-time favourite politicians Anna Bligh has recorded a message for It Gets Better. It’s a little bit special that Premier Bligh has shared this. And word on the street is that Anna has a phenomenally talented social media manager working with her.

Finally, I’ve come to know some amazing people in the blogging community. One of them is the divine BigWordsBlog. She is the amazing mum who stated the ‘I Love Equal Love’ button campaign - yes, the one you see to your right. Well her post this week is just beautiful and every Australian should read it. Bianca, you are a very special woman and I am completely in love with you. Read her post now!


That is all. Four and a half stories.

Hope you liked them.

St. Murphy

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...